Welcome to the CDSA Website
Register We are a parent run group offering support and information to people whose lives have been changed by Down syndrome.
The services we offer are:
- Support to families wanting information on what is happening within the disability sector
- An advocacy service to anyone experiencing discrimination or having problems getting the help they need or just getting a fair go
- Educational seminars on how to teach children with Down syndrome
- Support to attend the biannual forums run by the NZDSA
- Coffee evenings/lunches where parents can get together and network
- Annual events e.g. celebration of World Down Syndrome Day on March 21, picnics and Christmas party.
- Teenagers and young adults with Down syndrome are encouraged to join the UPP Club
- Events for younger children and their families to meet for mutual support and respite: Lollipop’s Playland, tenpin bowling, Christmas party.